- Enjoyed by people who usually don't like poetry, as well as those that do.
- Elgin Award nominated book, including 2 Rhysling Award nominated poems.
- 24-pages + cover. Regular sized comic book (6 5/8 x 10 1/4")
- Full color (2 of the 5 artists chose b&w). High quality paper and cover.
- Signed by author. (Contact us for special inscription requests.)
- Each comic bagged and boarded -- protective clear bag with cardboard backer
- Postage $3.99 total, any quantity, including box of 10 orders. (USA only.)
- International postage. Canada $7; UK $12; Oz, NZ and Elsewhere $14. Plus, your country might charge duty
Email us to place international orders.
- Ages 12+ based on Comixology standards (No nudity, swearing, or graphic violence. Some spookiness.)
- School discounts available. Lesson plans forthcoming. Contact us for details.
High Praise and Rave Reviews from Regular People
posted around the web by people previously unknown to the author or artists*, about this comic book and/or the poems:
“I’m not very good with poetry but I liked this one.”
Pete Bevan, project manager & zombie writer, Worcester, UK
“One of my favorite poems that we've ever published… one of many stunning, surreal poems bridging the worlds of poetry and comics.”
Timothy Green, editor of Rattle, Los Angeles, California
“Intriguing, delicate terror.”
Kenny Williams, professional pet-and-house-sitter, Richmond, Virginia
“Really enjoyed it. A novel concept, carried out expertly.”
Mike Allen, science fiction writer and editor of Mythic Delirium
“The poems are all excellent, the illustrations/artwork are stunning, and the product is wonderful… truly amazing…”
Diane Severson Mori, columnist, Amazing Stories and Starship Sofa
“The imagery is quite superb.”
Geosi Gyasi, I.T.C. junior high teacher, Accra, Ghana
“I read Bones and Shadows. I must say, your work speaks to an uncatered to segment of poetry fans. It's the first thing I've read in a long time that I thought was really brilliant. You don't need to accept my friend request, just know that your work is appreciated. I'll be looking for more!”
Rich Powell, Seattle Seahawks fan, Las Vegas, Nevada.
“This is one of my all-time favorite poems. Scarred me for life.”
Julie Price, English teacher, University Of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
“What a treat!”
Donna Hilbert, self-employed, Northridge, California
“Pretty awesome merging of poetry and graphics.”
Kathleen Nalley Moore, English teacher, Clemson University, South Carolina
“Great poems, great artwork. Diverse poetic styles (all accessible to the non-poet reader), diverse art styles. In my case, it was ‘come for the stairs, stay for the zombie philosopher.’”
Tracy Mishkin, problem-solver, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Georgia
Laura M Kaminski, associate editor, near Annapolis, Missouri
“Wow, really cool…”
Jill K., college student, somewhere in America
And continued thanks to all of our patrons at Kickstarter, from all over the world, who took us to over 500% of our goal and made this project possible! Their names can be found on the inside front cover, pictured below.
Besides most of the 50 states, paper copies of our comic have found a home in Australia, Canada, France, Greece, India, Israel, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Singapore, and Spain.
John Philip Johnson's Poet's Page at The Poetry Foundation
* Tim Green, Mike Allen, and Diane Severson Mori were known previously via professional correspondence.